Monday, March 10, 2014

Sketch 384- Did You Say Smile?

It is Monday and that means another sketch reveal over at Scrapbook Challenges. Sketch #384 is one of my favorites at first but it soon turned to be a hard to complete I also incorporated one of the added Scrapbook Challenges challenge, I used gold on my page.
The reason was the triangles weren't cutting it for me. I ended up changing them out for a chevron mask, chipboard and wood veneers.
Supplies: cardstock (The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Studio Calico), stickers (American Crafts and Simple Stories), wood veneers ( Studio Calico and Freckled Fawn), flair (Studio Calico), tag (Elle's Studio) chipboard (Um Wow Studio), gelato (Faber-Castell), modeling paste (Liquidex), mask (Studio Calico), chalk inks (Stampabilities and Quick Quotes), stamp (Jenni Bowlin Mercantile) sewing machine and black thread 
I smeared a gold gelato on the background paper, added some modeling paste, inks, chipboards and veneers to my trouble area. I love the interest it added to my dead space.  
 This photo was taken 20+ years ago of my Jido. He knew he was getting his photo taken so he acted like a nut and did this face. That was the king of man he was. He didn't care how he looked or acted but had a super big heart that made you love him.
Be sure to play along this month at Scrapbook Challenges for the chance at winning the Freckled Fawn prize and a guest design team spot for the month of April.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I really like the gold gelato you added on the background! The photo is special!

    ReplyDelete