Monday, August 11, 2014

Good Eats - Sketch #406

When it comes down to any holiday meal my family turns it into a big feast for the four of us and a dog. However, on Thanksgiving we have cut back from years past. We use to do an lebanese dressing but ended up using those seasonings in the meat fatya. Because it has changed I thought it would be worth documenting how our Thanksgiving feast is now.
 Supplies: cardstock (American Crafts and The Paper Studio), pattern paper (Echo Park and My Mind's Eye),stickers (American Crafts, Me & My Big Ideas and Pebbles Inc.), washi tape (My Mind's Eye and We R Memory Keepers), flair (Zappy Dots), sequins (Hobby Lobby), wood veneer (Studio Calico kit), border (Fancy Pants Designs), enamel dots (My Mind's Eye), chipboard (Um Wow Studio), pen (Project Life), journaling cards (Project Life), punch (We R Memory Keepers), ink (Quick Quotes)electronic die cutter and cartridge (Provo Craft) and doily. 
   Here is a closeup on the title. The "Good" I created a little banner with washi tape and outlined it with a pen. Because I have a lot of packs of stickers with letters are missing and mixed the stickers together but kept them in one color but with different tones. 

Thanks to my friend's great genius mind (Kelly), she shared how you do a mini album with journaling cards and washi tape. I translated that to my layout so I could write down the recipes of the food on each card. Now, I just have to figure out how much of stuff goes into my dressing. I do a lot of eyeballing when I cook. In other words, I am the only one who knows how to make it.
That is it for today, I need to hurry and finish typing this so I can get ready to do some work with my dad. He is putting flooring in and I am painting. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Mandi. Love the pull out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! I love this layout! Thanks so much for including me. I love the way you incorporated it!

    ReplyDelete