Friday, September 11, 2015

Anniversary House

   Tomorrow, is my parents 35th wedding anniversary. Every year, I go the handmade gift route for my parents. I love that with just a little money and some of my time I can give them a piece of one of a kind artwork. I originally was going to give them a stepping stone since they love the ones in the garden and have hinted a couple of times that they needed a few more. However, one evening I was walking in Hobby Lobby I saw this paper mache house the was begging me to take it home. I thought this would be perfect as a gift since my parents love those flameless candles to light up their bathroom during the night.
Supplies: fabric (DCWV), acrylic paint, stain (Tim Holtz), paint (Tattered Angels), gelato (Faber-Castell), dew drops (The Robin's Nest), modeling paste (Liquitex), stamps (EK Success and Technique Tuesday), ink (Close To My Heart), mask (The Crafter's Workshop), resin embellishments (The Paper Studio) and paper mache house.

   Here are a few closeups. I love those resign scrapbooking embellishments from Hobby Lobby. It was the perfect touch for above the doorway. The stamp set I used on here has to be 10 years old. It was something I won and that I rarely used. 

   I wanted to add some texture to the adhesive fabric I used to cover the house so I added some modeling paste on different areas with my favorite brick mask.  Then, I just went back with a rag that had some distress stain and rubbed it on the areas.
 
   Just so they remember when that got it I placed a big label on the inside of the roof top.

   The grass area was the hardest part. I didn't have the right color of paint or mist. Plus, I didn't want to have the flatness of paint. I decided to color some modeling paste with gelato and frosted the  edge and placed the diamond dew drops in the paste while it was wet. This ensured I didn't have to glue down every one of those little pieces by hand.

   Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see my latest recipe share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment